Running Against The Winds of Time

 

           With ardor, run towards the future, young warrior.

        It was the morning of November 30th, when us, the officers of TLE and STEP Clubs helped the TLE teachers set up the EstudyaNTREPRENEUR Bazaar.

        Seeing the empty and dead-looking gray cement grounds turn into something that gave the feeling of a Japanese school festival gave me goosebumps, its picturesque visual was a full-course meal to my eyes. I can’t help but be astonished by the parachute tent which swayed along the somewhat warm breeze of the afternoon, and by the different booths which looked like buildings in a toy block city.

        While gazing at the parachute tent fluttering with the warm afternoon breeze, I thought of how wonderful youth can be, a drop of anxiety then fell upon me, I pondered, “What do I need to become a proper adult?”

    Came did the second day of December, before the bazaar even opened, students from different TLE specializations were already busy setting up their booths. Those in the cookery booths were infused with the wonderful smell of the food they were cooking. The sizzling sound of the pans and the clatter of the utensils and chopping boards was a chance composition whose dissonance reminding me the inevitability of growing up.

        I didn’t expect much out of the bazaar really, I just liked the look of it and despite that, I envied them for their ardor, which I didn’t have enough to even commit in taking steps to prepare myself in becoming a proper adult.

        Then, it was break period; I came to try the different foods in the cookery booths. I first tried the empanada, which was generously filled with meat which juices melted in the tongue; then I tried the spaghetti, it looked disappointing but when I tasted it, I came to the realization that it was even better than the spaghetti they sell at the canteens; lastly, I tried the special puto, they had putos with cheese topping that was soft and mellow, and had a cake that was warm, of the right fluffiness, and had a sweet aftertaste.

        The delicacies that I ate in the bazaar, was made out of pure ardor of the students who made it, the ardor to learn and experience new things, the ardor for personal growth.

        As ecstatic as I was seeing the different booths of the bazaar, the shade that the parachute tent provided a roof for me to gaze above and ponder, “Ardor, ardor for personal growth, is what I needed to become a proper adult.”

        December 7, it was Wednesday afternoon, when the bazaar ended, it was sad to feel the winds passing the yet again empty and dead-looking gray cement grounds, which was once a place that, gave the feeling of being in a Japanese school festival.

        The EstudyaNTREPRENEUR Bazaar taught the coward in me that it is ardor that we need to become a proper adult, we have to be eager to learn, grow up and not fear what’s ahead of us; we have to be eager enough to run against the winds of time. Because with ardor, we can make juicy empanadas, delicious spaghettis, soft putos, and a future where we could become a proper adult.

        Be eager and fear nothing, run, run against the winds of time, young warrior.

        Let us fill our days with the ardor for success! 🦖

        Thank you for stretching your attention span long enough to read until the very end! 🧡


REFERENCE/S:
        Chin, A. (2020). Crystal Sky of Yesterday: Graduation Special Edition [Poster]. DIGITALING. https://file.digitaling.com/eImg/uimages/20201020/1603184609237163.jpeg
        Real, J. (2022). [Setting up the EstudyaNTREPRENEUR Bazaar in Nov 30.] [Photograph].
        Real, J. (2022). [EstudyaNTREPRENEUR Bazaar entrance filled with TLE and STEP Club officers.] [Photograph].
        Real, J. (2022). [Closing and dismantling of the EstudyaNTREPRENEUR Bazaar.] [Photograph].

Comments