More than Words

        “Educating is an act of love; it is like giving life” Pope Francis said. With more than ten years I have been a student, I cannot agree more to what the pope has said. Educating is not an easy task, it requires perseverance, passion, and courage to give your all for the sake of the student’s future.

        Practitioners in such field could be considered as the heroes of the contemporary; for there would be no professionals if there were no educators. Because of their importance, it can be said that they are one of the pillar foundations of the modern society.

        I have had forty-nine teachers so far, they helped me become what I am now. They opened my eyes to the harsh reality of the world at a young age. They pushed me to achieve things I never thought I would, and they cheered me up along the way. They are the ones responsible for, let’s say, the intellect I possess right now. They are one of my thousand reasons I am striving to climb the ladder of success. They taught me to always raise the standards and be better. They taught me to be grateful in life and not take things for granted.

        The philosophies I have in life, were inspired by their teachings and the words that they have uttered to me. The attitudes I have towards life and the future of mine, were brought by their stories they have told us in lectures. I am forever grateful for the million teachings they have imparted to me.

        Beyond the words I write in this entry is a feeling of deep indebtedness that I do not show often. Over small things, I do say “thank you” to teachers, but deep down in the sea of colors lies a feeling of sincere gratitude to teachers. I hope my silent feeling of indebtedness reaches to you all through my smiles, thank yous, and the happy waves with a greeting.

        Your acts of love and giving life to what was once the little mind of mine, I am grateful for all of it. A thousand, million, or even a billion words cannot describe the degree of indebtedness I have for you all; it requires more than words.

        Happy Teachers' Day to all teachers around the world! 🍎

        Thank you for stretching your attention span long enough to read until the very end! 🧡


REFERENCE/S:
        Rockwell, N. (1956). Teacher's Birthday [Oil canvas painting]. WikiArt. https://www.wikiart.org/en/norman-rockwell/teachers0-birthday-1956

Comments

  1. There are no words to describe our dear teachers, I'm impressed that you managed to gather words to acknowledge and narrate their excellence. Very good, Jeric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to amaze. You being able to construct touching words of appreciation for our dear teachers shows how our teachers thought us well and how they never failed to support and give us knowledge on our journey growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment