Let the Ember Smolder

        Three-fourths of our school year has finished. And the last quarter of our school year can now be seen on the horizon. Its inevitable end is inching closer towards us, and there’s nothing we could do to slow down its pace. It started out jolly, full of excitement and enthusiasm, a flame that seemed to be endless – an ember never to smolder. Although considering the current circumstances, it seems that it has become otherwise.

        This school year’s third quarter started out normal, it gave me an opportunity to have a new start and do things better than how I did last quarter. I took that opportunity and started taking notes again. Then time passes by, one lacking task becomes two, and three, until it piles up; the ember that seemed to never smolder is now smoldering, and I let the ember smolder.

        Schoolworks are becoming a mountain range of its own, one which peaks are for me to climb onto. Pressure is building up like as if I’m digging deep into the mantle. Confusion then becomes the excuse to procrastinate and abstain in even starting the simplest of tasks and homeworks. No matter how much of the greatest motivation seeps into my mind, nothing breaks the brick wall that prevents me from having again the courage to do any schoolworks. And I’m here, backed onto that same brick wall, confronted by my own lackings, the schoolworks I neglected for so long.

        What started out as a quarter with a hope to do things better than how I did them last quarter, ended with a “come what may” mindset. What was once an ember of ardent flame and enthusiasm has become an ember smoldering away. What was once “Let the ember be ablaze,” has become “Let the ember smolder.”

        Let’s continue studying hard for the last quarter! 🦖

        Thank you for stretching your attention span long enough to read until the very end! 🧡



REFERENCE/S:
    Prettyman, M. (2022). Smoldering Ghost: Culprit. [Oil on Paper]. Saatchi Art. https://www.saatchiart.com/art/Painting-Smoldering-Ghost-Culprit/1813272/9253373/view

Comments

  1. This quarter hasn't be kind to anyone, but in you I see a survivor. I hope your for inside does not end here, nay, I know it won't. I know it gets hard, but the only thing I can tell you is to keep moving. No matter what. But at the same time, breathe. Fires only die when it has nowhere else to go, and it runs out of oxygen. Surround yourselves with people who burn as much as you do, or more so. Keep going, and may your warmth reach others. For it has ignited mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment